Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Landon!


Five years ago today, I gave birth to my handsome little dude. My Landon. My Landoni-Maroni. My Lando-Commando. My baby. My LT. My first child.

I love everything that is unique, special and just so “Landon” about him.

1. 1. He weighed 10 lbs. 1 oz. when he was born. Only like 2% of babies born weigh more than 10 pounds.

2. 2. No one has any idea what color his hair is. All I know is it’s awesome. It’s kind of red and blonde and brown all at the same time and it kind of changes colors depending on the season, outfit, and lighting.

3. 3. He is the wittiest kid I’ve ever known. His one-liners are impressive.

4. 4. He loves his sister and brother to absolute pieces. He and Reagan are joined at the hip. He takes care of her, protects her, tickles her, sometimes pushes her down (I’m sure just to make her stronger J), tells her jokes, reads to her, pushes her in her swing, gets water for her, and helps her up the hard part of the playground at McDonald’s.

5. 5. He is fearless. I a little bit envy that about him. I’m scared of roller coasters. REALLY scared. Not Landon. He’ll ride anything.

6. 6. He loves his friends. He’s very loyal. Very sensitive to the needs of others. Very friendly.

7. 7. He loves Jesus. Big time. He asked Christ in his heart on July 23, 2009 and it is evident in his life.

8. 8. He is unpredictable. I feel like I know him a whole bunch but I also sometimes feel like I don’t know him at all. He continually surprises me. It’s hard to make general statements about Landon. Most of the time he’s super outgoing. Sometimes he’s shy. He’s often very opinionated. Sometimes he couldn’t care less. He keeps me on my toes!

9. H He talks about food more than anybody I’ve ever met. Food is on his mind constantly. He always wants to know when the next snack or meal is coming.

10. He thinks deeply and thoughtfully. He asks lots of questions that I’ve never thought of. He makes theories. He says, “I fink…” (“I think”) probably 50 times a day followed by really insightful comments.

11. He has the best smile. It lights up a room.

12. He adores his daddy. “Daddy Nights” are really special to him. Most people think Landon looks just like me but I definitely see some of Nathan in him. I love their special bond.

13. He has an amazing voice. It’s a little ridiculous how musically gifted he is. He loves rhythm, he loves lyrics, and he loves a catchy tune. It just comes so naturally to him. But he kind of likes to keep his talent to himself or at least within the four walls of our home or the four doors of my car.

Landon,

Hey, dude. Happy 5th Birthday! I love you. I am so glad I am your mommy. You make every single day fun and meaningful. God definitely knew what He was doing when He gave me you.

Love,

Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I have so enjoyed getting to know Landon through your recent posts and hope his 5th birthday was super special. He sounds like a great kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Landon must be a lot like his mom - she too is loyal and sweet and funny, a great sister, daughter, friend and mom. Wish we saw each other more often and that our children had time to know & love each other!!

    ReplyDelete