Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy Birthday, Gammy!



Happy Birthday to my incredible mother! She is one of those people that can pretty much do everything. And she does it with excellence.

She is an amazing pianist. She has been the church pianist since she was 14.
She taught school for 25 years and was adored by all!
She is really, really tall and really, really skinny.
She can teach anyone (including my brother) to sing. Seriously. ANYONE.
She runs a business. Carpet One and Wallpaper.
She is athletic and was a softball and basketball star!
What takes most people an hour to do, she can do in about ten minutes.
She can dance really well. Waaaaay better than me.
She is a wonderful bible teacher.
She is the perfect Gammy to her 3 grandchildren. They absolutely love her to pieces!
She has always put my dad first, and sets a great example for my brother and me about what a marriage should be.

But the thing I love the most about her is that she would never admit to any of those things.
She is definitely the most humble person I know.

Happy Birthday, Mom! I love and respect you more than you know!
Can't wait to dig into some Japanese food with you tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Mrs. Parker! Josh and I were just telling the music minister at my church whan an awesome high school chorus teacher we had. I thought of a couple more things Mrs. Parker can do that most people can't. She can drive a huge bus filled with high schoolers. And she can twist her wrist and snap really neat (while driving).
    Love you, Mrs. Parker!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have an awesome mom! I absolutely LOVE her! And she definitely is all of those things! Except I don't think I've ever had the priviledge of seeing her dance...but I have seen you dance....and that's all I'm going to say about that! ;) Happy Birthday, Mrs. Parker!!!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete