Friday, March 19, 2010

My Week

10 Things That Happened This Week:

1. On Monday, during Cardio Step, I was doing awesome. Really feeling it. I even recognized a muscle from my "pre-pregnant with Connor" days. We had a nice little chat. Then, in front of 20 other women, I tripped over my step and landed on my behind. All the women gasped. A friend came over to help me up. Another lady showed me her technique for wiping dirt off her step with a Kleenex. I was not embarrassed at all.

2. Also on Monday, Connor decided that he can now sit up on his own. Not for a long time. And not without looking really scared. But still. On his own.

3. On Tuesday, I woke Connor up from his nap, drove to Landon's preschool to pick him up, pulled into the carpool line and noticed there were zero cars. About 2 minutes into me feeling like the best mom on the planet for being the first one to carpool line instead of the last, I realized why.....I had looked at the clock....the one that I thought I had NOT changed for Daylights Savings, but actually I HAD changed it. So I was an hour early to pick Landon up. I had not showered, I did not have on what women should have on when they go out in public, and I looked like a huge mess. But I cared not even a little bit because I was not sitting there for an hour. So, I found a jacket in my car, put it on, slicked my dirty hair into a ponytail, waltzed my beautiful self into school, checked Landon out an hour early, and was in the McDonald's drive-thru for lunch at 10:57am.

4. On Wednesday, I took half an orange, squeezed it into a Ziploc bag, and drank the juice with a straw. With about 30 other women over the age of 25. And there were NO kids around. Yep, that was definitely the weirdest part of my week.

5. Also on Wednesday, Connor decided to get another ear infection. And I went to CVS like a big girl and did not get a speeding ticket (or a warning!).

6. On Thursday, Landon played his very first baseball game ever. I can't look at Landon in baseball pants and not smile. I told Nathan the next time we get into an argument we need to just command Landon to change into his baseball clothes. It's absolutely precious.

7. Also on Thursday, Landon told his friend's mom (his friend is a girl whose birthday party we attended a few weeks ago) that he could only invite boys to his birthday party because "Mommy's house isn't big enough for the whole class and she said she can't afford it."

8. On Friday, Connor had diarrhea all over the YMCA. I had to leave my class early and I got lots of mean looks from the childcare workers. They did not care for my theory that his diarrhea was only because he's on an antibiotic for his ear infection. Connor thought it was hilarious.

9. Also on Friday, I took the kids to the zoo. It was gorgeous! But I do need to just take a minute and say that it's absolutely ridiculous that it costs money to do anything there anymore. Want to feed a giraffe? That'll be $2.00. Want to ride a train? That'll be $5.00. Ooh! Here's a huge rock climbing tower. That's gonna cost you! Same thing with the Merry-go-round. I felt like all morning I had to say "no, no, no, no, no." The kids handled it beautifully. But it was still kind of annoying. Enough complaining. The day was really fun and absolutely beautiful. Oh, and Connor decided that it's also hilarious to have diarrhea like crazy at the zoo.

9. Friday afternoon I took a nap. A really hard nap. I dreamed a whole bunch and jumped when Landon came down the stairs. I also had lots of creases on my face for a few hours afterward. It felt like a Sunday afternoon but it wasn't. It was a Friday! That means I get to do that again in two days!

10. And tonight I'm cooking tacos and we're having Family Night at Home!

I hope all of you had a wonderful week full of laughs!


1 comment:

  1. I'm reading your old posts (to catch up) and I just laughed so hard I almost wet my pants. HYSTERICAL. I'm so glad you have a blog - I can actually hear you saying this stuff and ... oh boy, I love it!

    ReplyDelete