Thursday, March 25, 2010

Highlights From Our Week

A few highlights with pictures:
1. This is what seven-months-old looks like. To celebrate, I put Connor in a highchair for the first time. It lasted about 3 seconds. He looked too old and it made me sad, so I took him out. Please don't fuss at me. I'm allowed to be a little emotional because not only is he a month older, but Landon is only days away from being 5. Just give me my girlie moment, please.
2. Connor has no teeth yet but they HAVE to be making their entrance into the world any day now. He loves to chew on his fingers, his teether, ANYTHING.
And he drools all the live long day.
3. In honor of Dr.Seuss Week, I made green eggs just as Landon requested. I'm not the biggest Dr.Seuss fan in the world, but look at his smile. How could I resist?
I love Landon in my house. I love Landon holding a mouse.
I love Landon on a plane. I love Landon in the rain.
4. Reagan's cousin, Haley, came over today for a playdate. Haley's birthday was in December. Yep, she definitely opened her birthday present from us today, March 25th. Oh, well. :)

A few highlights without pictures:
1. On Monday, a lady in my step-aerobics class fell down. I laughed and pointed a lot because, seriously, who falls down in step-aerobics?!?!

2. On Tuesday, I walked Riverfront Park with my dear friend, Megan, her babe, and two of my babes. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I think I might be a little bit addicted to that park now.

3. On Tuesday and Wednesday night, I attended the River Springs Elementary School Talent Show dress rehearsal. I saw loads of my former students and it did my heart a lot of good to hug the necks of kids, moms, and dads who I don't see as often as I'd like but who I love, love, love to pieces!

4. On Wednesday, I let Reagan watch "Aladdin" which is very rare because I'm a huge meanie mommy who only lets my kids watch television on Fridays. Did you know that if you go 90 minutes without blinking, your eyes turn really red and water comes out of them like crazy? Reagan does.

5. On Thursday, my really mean in-laws made me eat lunch at McDonald's. I gave up fried foods until Easter and seeing/smelling those french fries was very tempting. If you see Mr. and Mrs. Trevett please give them a piece of your mind in my honor.
(I just used a great deal of hyperbole. My in-laws are awesome. I love them dearly.)

6. After a 15-minute drive in the car today, Reagan said, "Mommy, as soon as we get out of the car, will you give me a big hug? I need a mommy hug." I am blessed.

I hope you have had a beautiful week loving on your friends and family. Have a lovely weekend!



3 comments:

  1. How can you be an early childhood teacher and not LOVE Dr Seuss ?!?! What is wrong with you? ;) oh and I bet the people who fall down in step aerobics are the same kind of people who try to walk through screen doors when they are closed! Haha!
    Love ya!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Meg. I'm weird. I a little bit hate Dr.Seuss week.
    What loser would walk through a closed screened door? I have no idea what you're talking about! Must be the same lady I saw in step aerobics the other day.
    Hope Maryella is doing well. Can't wait to meet her in person! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an AWESOME mommy!!!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete