Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Crock Pot Chili

This recipe was given to me by my friend, Lori, several years ago. It's super yummy and very easy.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef- browned and drained
1 can chili beans
1 can kidney beans
3 15oz. cans tomato sauce
1 15oz. can tomato paste
1 medium onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
3 TB. chili powder
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. cumin
salt to taste

Dump all of that goodness into a crock pot. Stir and cover. Cook on high 4-6 hours or on low 6-8 hours.

I serve it with cheese and sour cream.

This makes a TON of chili. It freezes well.

3 comments:

  1. Funny-- I saw the title and wondered if you ever use my recipe. Keep the recipes coming! I can't wait to try the cranberry tenderloin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lori! I ALWAYS have some chili in the freezer. Yumm-O! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy, I did not know you were blogging! I saw you linked in Lori's sidebar. Looking forward to catching up on your family!

    ReplyDelete