Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Results of the Connor Man Quiz!!!!

Thank you to everyone who entered the Connor Man Quiz. Many of you did a really nice job. Connor was super proud. Here are the answers.

1. How much did Connor Man weigh when he was born? 9 lbs. 3 oz.
2. What is Connor Man's favorite fruit that comes in a babyfood jar? bananas
3. What is Connor Man's favorite fruit that does not come in a babyfood jar? cantaloupe
4. How many teeth does Connor Man currently have? 4
5. True or False. I am Connor Man's favorite person in the entire world. True
6. What is Connor Man's middle name? Nathan
7. Which number grandchild is Connor Man on Nathan's side of the family? 9th
8. Name all the words Connor Man can say. I'm giving two possible answers for this. He says "DaDa" but he has no clue what that means so I also counted "He doesn't say any words yet" as a correct answer.
9. Why was Connor Man in the hospital when he was 6 weeks old? Swine Flu
10. What is Connor Man going to be for Halloween? a football, not a football player, just a football. (Landon will be a football player and Reagan will be a cheerleader.)

Ok, now for the winners. That's right. There was a tie and I love them both so much! (By the way, my mom entered the contest but I disqualified her because she's my mom and she should know these anyway.)

Winner #1: MaMa (my grandmother) She almost got disqualified because she's my grandmother so she should know these but I decided to be gracious. Congratulations, MaMa! I love you so much.

5 things I love about MaMa:
1. She is completely selfless. She always, always, ALWAYS puts the needs of others ahead of her own.
2. She cooks lunch EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY for her entire family. She lives in Spartanburg so we don't get to enjoy her delicious food much, but I call my mom every Sunday afternoon to ask what MaMa cooked so I can live vicariously through their lunch. :)
3. She makes the best facial expressions in the world. I never wonder what she's thinking.
4. She acts way younger than she is. And she looks way younger than she is.
5. She prays consistently for her family.

Winner #2: Megan Soong. For a long time, I introduced her to others as "Nathan's best friend's wife". And even now sometimes I still do it out of habit. But I can honestly she has become one of my absolute best friends.

5 things I love about Megan:
1. She is a planner. I love how organized, thorough, and efficient she is. Her house is beautiful and peaceful. She works hard to create such a pleasant atmosphere for her family.
2. She is a thoughtful mom. She does everything for a reason.
3. She has a half Asian baby girl. Seriously? That's awesome. Megan's white and Eric is Asian and together they have produced an absolute beauty. And I've already decided that Connor will marry Brantley. It's a done deal.
4. She is a fantastic teacher who loves children like crazy. We've had some great discussions around teaching and learning.
5. She is a great listener. The perfect balance of offering wisdom and just being there to sit and listen.

Congratulations to the winners! I will mail you your prizes soon. :) But don't hold your breath.

1 comment:

  1. YIPPEE!!! That Megan girl sounds pretty darn awesome!!!!! I sure am glad that she won! (Thank you for your kind words!) LOVE YOU MORE THAN SHELLS AND CHEESE! (and you know that is a lot)

    ReplyDelete