Friday, August 20, 2010

Grace

It's hard being a mom. Reagan likes to change clothes about 5-10 times a day and she's 3 and she can't fold clothes yet. I fold her clothes a lot. And sometimes I get tired of folding her clothes.

I do a lot of laundry. As soon as I finish a load there's another load ready to go in. And sometimes that gets on my nerves.

My kids are really into tearing up paper into the tiniest pieces you can imagine. And they do their best to clean it up but sometimes only Mommy can pick up the tiniest pieces because their little fingers can't do it yet.

This week a child that I love very much died. He was one of my students and he had the most incredible mother. She is a hard worker. She is always wearing a smile. She is an encourager. And today she's not folding clothes or doing tons of laundry or picking up tiny pieces of paper. She's grieving over the loss of her precious, encouraging, always smiling, hard working little boy.

And today I'm reminded that every day is a blessing. That every day with my children is a gift. That I deserve nothing. That only by God's grace do I live each day.

So today I'm going to joyfully fold little girls clothes, joyfully do laundry, and joyfully pick up tiny pieces of paper.

4 comments:

  1. If you weren't already my awesome friend then I would pray really hard that you would be! Thank you for reminding me of the honor and joy it is to have a little blessing leaving trails of EVERYTHING around my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So encouraging...you are a wonderful Mommy! I will be praying for you and the family who lost their little boy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Situations and experiences,ours or someone else's, good or bad, should always remind us of what is truly important and sacred in our lives...not just remind us but cause us to change our attitude and/or behavior.
    And most of all to be grateful and thankful for those awakenings.
    You are a blessing!
    love ya
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart breaks for her- we are so blessed- thank you for the reminder- I will remember that as I pray for her. I know that she is thankful for your support. You are so dear.

    ReplyDelete