Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kindergarten





Landon,

You woke up this morning with a big smile on your face. You put on your khaki shorts, a green and white striped polo shirt, and your brand new gray New Balance tennis shoes that look just like Daddy's. You asked for a waffle cut up with syrup on top. You brushed your teeth, giggled because some water got on your new shirt, then announced, "I finally get to go to school! It's an exciting day!"

Today feels weird because didn't I just give birth to you yesterday? Wasn't it yesterday that I first held you in my arms and thought, "This is the largest baby I've ever seen." Wasn't it yesterday that I fell in love with your Daddy times a billion because I saw him as a father for the first time? Didn't I just change your diaper for the first time yesterday and it was really black and gross and the nurse said not to worry?

But it wasn't yesterday. Because you're five. Five came here super fast. I'm not nervous or scared for you today. I'm not sad. I'm not worried. Because I know you. I know how much you love people and how easily you make friends. I know how much you love to talk and share what's on your mind. I know how cool you think it is that Mrs.Zeigler has a real life frog in her classroom and how that makes you giggle because you know that frogs are my biggest fear. I know how much you love books with real pictures and guess what! I saw a bunch of them in your classroom! I know how excited you are to play on the playground and to see what I packed in your lunchbox and to pass Benton in the hallway and maybe even see him in the cafeteria! I know how excited you are to ride the bus home from school each day and how cool you think it is that you won't get home until AFTER naptime and that you can't wait to see what snack I've put out for you on the kitchen table.

It's going to be a great year. I believe in you. You're going to make a difference in Mrs.Zeigler's class. You're going to love on your friends, learn loads, read loads, play loads, and laugh loads.

I could not be more proud to be your mommy! Happy Kindergarten year! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Landon. You look like such a big boy. Hope you have a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete