Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Recipe Wednesday: Turkey Sandwich!

Remember a long time ago when I said I would post a recipe every Wednesday? I'm sorry I've not kept that little promise. But I'm going to try to start back.

Today, I have for you something so simple, yet so yummy. I was talking with a friend a few weeks ago about lunch and how it's easy to get caught in the "boring turkey sandwich rut". But this little sandwich really bumps it up a notch.

All you need is:

2 pieces of bread
One wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese (I prefer garlic and herb)
1/2 TB of Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
3-6 slices of Mesquite turkey

optional:
9 pickles
fresh spinach

I love to spread the cheese on one slice of bread and the jelly on the other slice. Then I sandwich the turkey and 9 pickles in the middle. Yes, it has to be 9 pickles. It just doesn't taste the same with 8. Or 10. Plus, a 3 x 3 matrix on a piece of bread just makes sense, right? I don't really like spinach in mine but I know how healthy it is so I suck up and add it about half the time.

Oh, and if you're counting calories, the sandwich comes in at 200 calories (if you use bread that is 50 calories per slice....like Publix brand 100% stone ground whole wheat.) Not too shabby.

Enjoy!

1 comment: