Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Valentine

I love how much he loves our children. He is unbelievably patient with each one and no one can wrestle two boys while playing princess with a girl like he can!

I love how he is purposeful in telling the kids that he loves me the most. Not in a mean way, but in a way that reinforces what a marriage should look like. That the kids know that Mommy gets the first kiss when he walks in the door each day. That the boys can see how a husband should treat his wife and that Reagan can see what she should look for in her future mate.

I love the way he has so beautifully lived out Genesis 1:24 since the day we got married: "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh."

I love that when I say, "My stretch marks are so ugly", he says, "You are absolutely beautiful. Oh, and by the way, your stretch marks are getting smaller every day." He's a huge liar but it's still very sweet.

I love his heart for youth. He is an incredible teacher and speaker. It's truly amazing. He loves the teenagers of our church and disciples them in such a sincere and wise way.

I love his discipline and work ethic. He's very methodical, logical, and consistent. He makes me feel safe. I never worry that he's making a decision based on pure emotion.

I love his sense of humor. I used to joke that I was the funny one in the couple but he, hands down, is waaaaay funnier than me and I think I burn about 1,000 calories from 6pm-10pm each day from laughing until my sides cramp.

He is the real deal. A real man. Making our family feel loved, encouraged, and provided for.

I'm super stoked he's my valentine.





2 comments:

  1. Awwwweeee! So sweet! After I got over the panic that I had somehow missed a beat and my mental calendar was off--fearing that (based on the title of your post) today was Valentine's Day . . I will rejoice with you and praise God for the blessing of your godly husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel safe and secure, as well, knowing you are loved and being take care of by such a wonderful and Godly man! And by the way, I think he is super blessed by having a Valentine like you!!!
    love you both so much!
    mom

    ReplyDelete