Wednesday, June 2, 2010

When life hands you a gallbladder the size of a lemon.....

Make Lemonade!

10 things I love about having surgery:

1. People bring me food. I would like to specifically mention Pastor Mike's lemonade pie and Jenn's Mexican casserole. Ridiculously awesome.

2. It reminds me to not waste money on prescription meds. They are the worst idea my body has ever experienced. It also reminds me to never spend money on Tylenol ever again. I can just take a sugar pill, instead. Seriously. It doesn't do squat.

3. I am a fan of hospitals. I'm in awe of nurses. Surgery gives me an excuse to go back and get loved on by those angels.

4. Reading magazines all the live-long day.

5. Wearing pajamas 24-7 for 5 days straight.

6. Watching SuperNathan juggle 3 kids, meals, bathtimes, a job, and me without losing his temper even for a second. Even when it takes Connor 2 hours to get his tubes in. Even when Connor has a blow out after his nap. Even when Reagan chews on the same piece of broccoli for 30 minutes. Even when I call him at work in a panic over a slug crawling up our wall.

7. Watching 72 straight hours of the Food Network.

8. The first meal that I can really eat after surgery. You know the one I'm talking about. The one where you can finish it without throwing up. It doesn't even matter what it is. It's delicious.

9. Hearing the doctors and nurses brag on my crazy low blood pressure (as if I had anything to do with it!). Sidenote: What's not fun is when they start making fun of me and saying things like, "Hello! Are you even alive?" HaHa. You guys are hoots.

10. Watching the doctor's face when I ask him if I can take home my gallbladder in a jar. (The answer was "no", by the way. Bummer.)

1 comment:

  1. ummm....so if i spend most of my days in my pjs, i'm supposed to have had surgery first!?!? woops. :) glad you are finding joy even in your post-surgery days!

    ReplyDelete