Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Recipe Wednesday: Spaghetti Squash

This recipe is easy.

Before Thanksgiving, my family went to Disneyworld. Then there was Thanksgiving. Then Christmas. Then Colorado. And because I enjoy food so much and ate loads of food on all those vacations/holidays, I gained 5 pounds. So, I've been reaaaaally watching my calories the past couple of weeks.

If you're doing the same, this recipe is for you. But I promise it doesn't taste low-cal. It is absolutely delicious!

Ingredients:
1 spaghetti squash
1 cup of your favorite brand of tomato sauce (I love it with garlic and basil)
Salt and pepper
Parmesan Cheese

1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise and remove the seeds.
2. Place the two halves facedown on a baking sheet.
3. Bake at 425 for one hour.
4. Take it out and, using a fork, scrape the squash out onto a plate. (It will look JUST like real spaghetti!)
5. Warm the tomato sauce and pour it over the squash. Add salt and pepper to taste. Shave some parmesan cheese over the top.

*This makes 2 servings if it's your main dish. It could easily make 4-6 servings as a side dish. It's so much food. So healthy. And so yummy! Oh, and it reheats very well. I enjoyed more today!

No comments:

Post a Comment