Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yummy!

I am sure most of you have heard what an incredible chef I am. Good news travels quickly. We frequently get knocks on our door around 6pm from neighbors asking what I've cooked up this time. This ability that I have comes naturally and easily to me, although I was raised in a home where my mom could cook a tasty pot of Velveeta Shells 'n Cheese. That picture to the left- That's my two year old daughter, Reagan. That is the face she makes each evening as she devours the food I've prepared.
However, because I am the Martha Stewart of the Carolinas, my friends often get jealous. So, lately, I've tried to live a more simple cooking life. I found a very easy and yummy recipe last week and 5 out of 5 people that I interviewed said it was delicious!

Mexican Cheese Soup
1 lb. processed cheese, cubed
1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can kidney beans, undrained
1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 envelope taco seasoning

Throw all of that goodness into your crockpot (coat inside with cooking spray first) and cook on Low for 4-5 hours. Enjoy! (My family added a few crushed tortilla chips and a dollop of Daisy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment