Monday, February 8, 2010

Baby Evie


In the 8th grade, I met my best friend, Heather. In the 18 years that we've known each other, we have shared countless bowls of cereal, Spaghetti O's, and cheese/crackers. :) We made it through high school together. We roomed together for four years in college. We cheered each other on through graduate school, becoming engaged to our future spouses, and walking down the aisle. We were each other's Maids of Honor. And now, we are each other's cheerleaders as we each figure out how to raise children. In many ways, Heather is like my sister.

For 18 years I have known how to make her laugh. I've known what to say to make her feel better.

Recently, I have found myself not knowing what to do or say. I only know to pray. And to pray hard for my best friend. Heather is 22 weeks pregnant. 2 weeks ago she found out her sweet baby girl Evie has a heart defect. It's called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome and will require a number of heart surgeries. She will be born at MUSC in Charleston, SC and will have her first surgery a few days after her birth. Please pray for Evie. Pray for Heather and her husband, Kevin. Pray for their two other children, Harlan and Katie Hays. There will be many unknowns over the next several months and years for this sweet family. I will keep you updated as Evie comes closer to being born. But for now, please pray that she would survive her first heart surgery and that Heather, Kevin, and their entire family will experience peace and the love of Christ.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I think of Heather so often now and every time she comes to my mind I pray for her and sweet Baby Evie. You are so special to me and because of that, she too, is very special in my heart:)
    Second of all, I love the blog! I love the background!
    Love you!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for Baby Evie. I love that they have named her already so we can pray for her by name. She is already one of God's precious children. Please tell Heather all the miracles God gave baby Matthew if you think it would encourage her. :)
    Love,
    chele

    ReplyDelete