Thursday, November 17, 2011

Craftilicious Girls Night Out!


On Tuesday night, I invited the women from my Sunday School class over for a girly-crafty-let's-make-a-Christmas-wreath night. "Crafty" and "Christy" are kind of antonyms. I have majorly low self-esteem when it comes to arts and crafts. But my friend Ellen keeps blogging about how God created us so we should create. And at first I rolled my eyes and kind of thought easy for you to say little miss handmade recess lady complete with a sewing machine and an etsy shop and all that jazz. But then I reminded myself that creating doesn't just mean sewing stuff. It can also mean creating a peaceful home, creating a purposeful daily schedule, creating a family mission statement, creating a painting that covers the lipstick mural created by the two-year-old.

So then I started seeing myself as creative.

And then I found Pinterest. And that made me start to consider the tiny possibility that somewhere in my logical, non-crafty, non-girly self, I could find a cell that could make a craft. So I started pinning. And pinning. And pinning. And never crafting. But majorly pinning.

Then Heather started a craft club and bragged about how much fun it was. She doesn't live in my town so I couldn't join it but I thought to myself I may not love to craft but I sure do love people so maybe I'll give this a shot! And that's how crafty-girly-night was birthed!

We had the best time! And my wreath turned out really cute considering about 5 minutes before the evening started, I had no idea what I was going to make. Amazing what some yarn and balls can turn into.



Biggest Wreath award went to Angie.

Smallest Wreath award went to Stacia.

My wreath


4 comments:

  1. It was so much fun!!! Thank you for hosting!! Did you Really post this at 4:30 am???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely not. I did not know there was such a thing as 4:30am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic!! You are definitely crafty. :) Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. look what happens when you step into God's gift for and in you.

    everyone's creative. uniquely. He's designed it that way.

    i think your wreath is reeeeaaaaalllll puuuuurrrddy.

    ReplyDelete