Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Heart

On Monday, I have seven writers coming to my house. We are going to read, write, and think together. Laugh together and maybe even cry together. And then the next day, they're going to come back and we're going to do it all over again. For five days straight.

The writers are fourth graders. And their parents keep saying, "Thank you so much for having this writing camp!" "Thank you for opening up your home to teach our children!" "Thank you!" "Thank you!" "Thank you!"

And I just smile because, as many times as I tell them, they still don't understand. THEY are the ones I want to thank. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do the work of a teacher. To do the work that makes my heart swell and beat really fast.

And thank you, God, for giving me these precious years at home teaching my handsome Landon, beautiful Reagan, and cute Connor. Thank you also knowing my passion for teaching kiddos that don't call me "Mommy", but "Mrs.Trevett", and for this undeserved gift of getting to pour into these fourth graders for a full week and watching them grow as writers. Oh, and did I mention most of them are former students who already have my heart? Just the icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment