Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm an onion.

Onions have layers. I'm an onion. (And I've also watched "Shrek" too many times.)

I'm a main character in a play tomorrow night and the next night and the next night. I was telling someone the other day, who I thought knew me pretty well, about how I throw up and have diarrhea and break out in a rash all over my chest and neck and get all clammy when I have to stand on a stage in front of people. She thought I was kidding. I was not.

I am not shy. I am very talkative. But talking or singing in front of people makes me sick. But I still do it. Because people tell me that's one of my gifts so I believe them. Then I use the bathroom a whole bunch, put on a turtleneck, dry my hands and get on with it.

Anyway, that conversation with my friend got me thinking about other things that don't really match my personality.

Like the fact that I'm an introvert. I am outgoing but I NEED time by myself to re-energize. My husband is the opposite. He's not crazy talkative. (He's not shy, either. Just not as ridiculous as I am.) But he's the biggest extrovert, besides my brother, I've ever known. He NEEDS time with friends.

I don't like roller coasters. At all. That's weird because I think I'm a fun person, in general. But people who don't like roller coasters are stereotypically not fun, right?

I'm really girlie. I'm all about some big earrings, the color pink, heels, and make-up. But there are a ton of girlie things I don't do. You couldn't pay me a billion dollars to attend a cheerleading competition (Sorry, Cortney.) I use zero hair products. I can't remember the last time I wore hose or tights. If I wear a dress, it's kind of a big deal. But I'm trying to do better in that area. Two weeks ago, I bought a curling iron and I've noticed people saying things like, "Your hair looks so pretty" which I'm pretty sure translates into, "Wow. You fixed your hair. Way to be a grown up!"

I'm a big, fat Vidalia onion.

2 comments:

  1. So I have always thought my first comment on your blog would be something REALLY profound. Likely about education and REALLY profound. But...I just have to say...I don't like roller coasters. I used to love them as a child, but can't stand them now. Interesting, huh? And I am one of the most fun people I know. So are you. :) Can't wait to see you and our other super fun friend on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete