Monday, December 13, 2010

Disneyworld, Part 1

I thought and thought about how to organize these Disney posts. Part of me wanted to organize them by restaurant because one of my favorite hobbies is eating. Part of me wanted to organize them by theme park because that just seemed normal. But I decided to land on organizing them by kiddo.

Today's post is dedicated to our five-year-old, Landon. He's the man. This was a huge year for Landon because he was tall enough to ride every single ride except Rockin' Roller Coaster. Landon LOVES roller coasters. Which is a HUUUUUGE answer to prayer. I am big, fat baby when it comes to amusement park rides. The Carousel is about as adventurous as I get. Well, my hubby loves rides so before we had children I prayed that the Lord would give us at least one child who loves rides as much Nathan does and he granted that prayer big time!


This was Landon's first year being able to ride Space Mountain. He conquered it with Nathan and my parents. While they conquered that ride, I conquered chasing around my 15-month-old who can now walk and thought trying to get lost in Disneyworld would be a really neat idea.



Expedition Everest got a BIG thumbs up from Landon and Nathan. Of course, I've never ridden it but from what I hear it's awesome and there's a yeti who tries to scare you and it goes fast and backwards. All of those things (being scared, going fast, going backwards) make me throw up but apparently they make Landon really happy and want to ride it again and again and again. Literally. I think they rode it three more times.



Here they are faking like they're scared. Or maybe making fun of me. I'm not sure.



The one on the left= ridiculously cute. The one on the right= ridiculously handsome.



In the background you can see Tower of Terror. It drops you a whole bunch of feet and is way dark and way scary. Landon LOVED it. His face doesn't show it. I think I took that picture right after I said, "No, you can't have more candy" for the billionth time.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you don't like roller coasters! I would have bet MONEY that you would LOVE them. Rockin' Roller Coaster is my favorite...the Expedition one is really cool, too!

    ReplyDelete