Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Watch out, China Express. There's a new cat in town.



I just added the 13,000th reason I love my husband:

His best friend is Asian. And his best friend can cook eggrolls like nobody's business.

So for the past 3-5 years (we tried to remember and we can't) we have been in a Supper Club with our best friends from college, Rachel and Wes, and Eric and Megan. (Eric is the Asian I mentioned earlier.)

It did not occur to us until last month to ask Eric to cook authentic Asian food for us. I have no clue what took us so long. Last Friday night, my life was changed for the better. I bit into the most delicious eggroll I've ever tasted. I'm pretty sure The Hallelujah Chorus started playing in my head (although I wouldn't be surprised if Megan ACTUALLY had it playing when we all took our first bite. She's THAT organized. It's ridiculous. I mean, I'm organized, but she makes my house look like an episode from Sanford and Son.)

Every month it's a huge competition to see who can cook the best meal. We rotate houses each time. And guess who gets October. I'm already stressing because nothing I do will compare with the deliciousness that is a Soong eggroll.

So, stop what you're doing, call Eric Soong, and ask him for a batch of eggrolls. He'll say "no" because I already asked him for some and he's the bomb-diggity pharmacist who works full-time and doesn't have time to cook eggrolls all the time from scratch. But still. Call him. Because I'm thinking if enough of us do it, he'll cave and start a Soong Express in his home.

They are THAT GOOD.

2 comments:

  1. So, I have no idea why, but I think this is my favorite post ever! I am thankful that you didn't mention anything about the other food and how we slaved over that all week.
    Sanford and Sons? Really? You are so far from that.
    Love,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I was friends with Eric all during college and never even KNEW that he could make egg rolls.

    ReplyDelete