For a whole bunch of years, we've had the same Labor Day tradition:
1. Drive to Chapin Labor Day Festival.
2. Park a kajillion miles away and walk to parade.
3. Sit in 100 degree weather and tell the kids we're sorry they can't see anything because there are mounds of people in front of us.
4. Fight crowds to buy a burger.
5. Sit with whiny kids and threaten them that if they don't hurry up and eat we won't be able to pay $1,000 to slide down a huge blown up treehouse thing.
6. Walk a kajillion miles back to car sweating and miserable.
7. Go home and ask ourselves why we did that.
This year we decided to try something new. We headed to Flat Rock, NC to check out SkyTop Orchard. It was peaceful. It wasn't crowded. We wore sweaters! We went on a hayride and saw animals and ate apple doughnuts and drank apple cider and bought jalapeno pepper jelly! It was pure bliss and got me super excited about Fall!
1 year ago