Monday, July 12, 2010

Favorite Baby Things

My friend, Aubrey, just posted about some of her favorite baby things and it inspired me to do the same. So, here's a list of my favorite baby doo-dads.


1. Boppy Pillow....great for nursing, great for sitting on if you break your tailbone, great for your 5-year-old to make moose ears when he's bored.

2. Hooter Hider...GREAT for nursing.

3. Medela Double Breast Pump...worth every single penny.

4. A really nice umbrella stroller. Not the one that costs $15 and is too short for your husband to push. A nice one that swivels easily and folds up easily and has a pocket in the back.

5. Sleepers that zip up. I found tons at Target.

6. A BabyWise book. All 3 of my children began sleeping through the night (10-11 hours) by the time they were 7 weeks old. Enough said.

7. A diaper bag that is waterproof on the inside so when jars of baby food explode, you can just wipe it out. Or when a bottle leaks, it's no big deal.

8. Pampers diapers. I know people are passionate and opinionated about their baby's diapers. If you prefer Huggies or cloth or Target brand or Luvs, cool. But I'm a Pampers girl.

9. An Exersaucer. It lasts through several baby stages. The "I-can-now-hold-my-head-up" stage. The "I-like-to-grab-stuff" stage. The "I-can-put-loads-of-weight-on-my-legs" stage. The "I'm-not-walking-yet-but-I'm-thinking-about-it" stage. The "I'm-a-three-year-old-but-I-can-still-fit-in-this-thing-and-Mommy-is-in-the-other-room-so-she-can't-see-me" stage.

10. A picture frame with 12 cut-outs, one for each month of the baby's first year. Hang it near the changing table. It just might be the sweetest thing hanging in your nursery. And it just might bring tears. Especially when the baby is approaching 11 months and you realize hes almost a year old and you a little bit can't remember where the time went.

2 comments:

  1. i cant believe he is almost a year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great List!! I like the 12-frame photo idea. I'll have to use that one.

    ReplyDelete