Monday, January 31, 2011

Colorado



Twelve years ago, I was a sophomore in college. I was walking on campus one day and I saw an Asian guy and a Caucasian guy laughing hysterically together. I had no clue who they were but inside I kind of thought, "I wish I knew them. Because I love to laugh. And they're laughing and I bet that means we would laugh a lot together." Little did I know, 3 years later the Caucasian guy would ask me to marry him.


12 years later Nathan and Eric are still the best of friends and still love to laugh. And, thankfully, Eric is married to wonderful Megan, who has become one of my best friends.



Megan and I surprised them with a joint 30th birthday trip to Breckenridge, Colorado last week!

The rules were:
1. The boys can ski all day every day.
2. The girls don't have to ski ever.

It was gorgeous. Relaxing. Hilarious.

We laughed until we cried.
We cried until we laughed. (Actually, that was just me. I cried at the top of the snow tubing hill because I'm scared of heights. And then I laughed at myself for being such a huge baby.)


The guys were in their ski gear from the time they woke up until the slopes closed.

Megan and I read. We exercised. We napped. We ate. We rode a gondola. We shopped. We drank coffee. We watched a woman gallop on a treadmill.

We ate at fancy restaurants almost every night. The kind of restaurants that have words on the menu like "remoulade" and "truffle oil" and "osso bucco" and "lychee". We said words to the waiters like, "Huh?" and "What animal does that part come from?" and "We're not very refined" a whole bunch. It was awesome.

It was a huge blessing to spend some time away with such dear friends.
Happy Belated Birthday, Nathan and Eric!

Oh, and Megan's post about our trip is waaaaay better than mine AND it has a video!!! So, go right now to her post at www.soongfamily.blogspot.com to check it out!










3 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh until I cried!! I miss talking with you every morning. sniff sniff:) Great post! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i was stalking your fb pictures, i was thinking about how fun the tripped looked. but i don't ski. i mean i will but it's not pretty. so, i'm glad to read that you didn't have to. my kind of ski trip!

    what a sweet gift y'all gave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!!!! You all look so wintery and happy!

    ReplyDelete