Saturday, November 20, 2010

Don't Put Me Down.

Each day that I bring Reagan home from preschool, she falls asleep in the car.
And when I pull in the garage, she awakens just enough to whisper, "Don't put me down."
She wants me to carry her from the car to her bedroom for her nap.

And each day that's what I do. I never put her down. But still, she reminds me, "Don't put me down." I think she knows I'm going to stick to my word.

I think she knows I'm not going to put her down. But she's in the habit of relying on me. She's in the habit of calling to me for help. And so I let her. And I never ask her to stop asking me to not put her down. I just keep carrying her in, never putting her down.

This week has been very hard. I am tired. There is a long road ahead for my family.

And this week I so perfectly understand Reagan's never-ending "Don't put me down."

Because this week, I've been saying those same words over and over again. And each time, I hear the same response:

I will never put you down.

You are mine.
My unfailing love surrounds you.
I am your refuge and strength.

7 comments:

  1. Praying for you. Thank you for giving God the glory -- even in tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. continuing to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful for a Father that will never put us down- thanks for the reminder. Love you- we will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your steadfast faith and the sweet reminder you recognized in Reagan's request. No matter the size of our hills and valleys, how precious to know our Jesus is there with us. I think about how vulnerable our kids are when they in exhaustion just throw their arms up to us and say, "Hold Me!" If we would just stop more and cry out to the Lord, "Hold me!" Still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete