Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Stud


Two years ago today, my doctor looked at me and said, "Your uterus looks tired." Really, doc? I assumed after birthing 27 pounds of babies in a four year time period my insides would look brand spanking new. Reckon not.

The stud is 2 today. I am so in love with him.

He is as tiny as a mouse and strong as an ox at the same time. He doesn't talk but he's crazy loud.

He's so handsome it's almost not fair. His blonde curls, big blue eyes, and deep dimples make me be not a very strict mommy.

He loves to run in circles, kick and throw balls, and climb things like monkey bars and closets. Yesterday, he successfully climbed 7 feet to retrieve our hidden cookie stash, licked each and every cookie, then ran to me to tell on himself.

He is an outdoorsman, a comedian, a snuggler, and a best friend to his big brother.

He loves his thumb, string cheese, markers, carpet cleaner, rubber bands, fine china, and fingernail polish. He's also a huge fan of opening refrigerator doors, slamming drawers, and running bath water.

I love his smile. I love his laugh. I love the way he calls Daddy "daaaeeeyy" and the way he calls me "daaaeeeyy". Hmmm. I also love that speech therapy will begin soon.

Connor Man,
You are ridiculous. You make me laugh all day. You are the perfect finale to our little family. Thank you for staying small so I can still pretend you're a baby. Very considerate of you, little buddy. I love that you look like Daddy spit you out. You are even left-handed just like him! You exhaust me. In a good way. God gave us you and that was really smart of Him. You are remarkably and wonderfully made. I can't wait to see what year three has to hold.
I love you loads and loads.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment