Friday, July 29, 2011

Not too shabby to Christy.

Lately, when I read mommy blogs, I feel not very good about my mommyness.

I don't make stuff and sell it in an etsy shop. I don't sew or smock. I don't turn pillow cases into dresses.

I don't make jam.

I don't have a theme for my kids for each week complete with a coordinating craft, snack, and story.

I don't make my own laundry detergent and I don't only use organic ingredients.

But. BUT. I have herbs. 10 points for me.
Heather gave me herbs for my birthday! (Subtract 3 points for me because I didn't grow them myself.)
BUT, I've kept them alive. (Add back 1 point.)
I cook with them all the time. (Add back another point.)
So, yay! 8 mommy points for me!

And 2,000 mommy points go to Heather for knowing me well enough to not hand me packs of herb seeds but for already planting them and babying them for me and then explaining how to keep them happy and healthy. (Plus she gets a whole bunch more mommy points for doing a lot of that mommy stuff I listed above.)

Christy- 8 total mommy points
Other Moms In the Universe- a bajillion mommy points

I don't care. I'm cool with just my kiddos and my herbs and my mommy friends who have lots of points that I can just borrow.

Gotta run. Some processed food is calling my name and I need to buy a b'day gift at a big store b/c I don't handmake stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just tell you how much I love reading this blog? Thank you for making me laugh every time I come here. And thanks for the great bridesmaid dress chicken recipe. I made it last night and it was delicious! 10 more points for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is how I see it my wonderful friend:
    100 points for always opening up your home to any one for fun, fellowship, ministry and food!
    100 points for teaching your children the importance of family and making an effort each and everyday to call someone and tell them you love them.
    100 points for being intentional about calling people just because you are thinking of them.
    100 points for not only teaching your children the importance of being a life long learner but all of the many other children that come across your path
    200 points for modeling a Godly marriage for your children
    150 points for blessing others with your beautiful voice
    1000 points for being so stinkin funny

    This list could continue on but I will save it for another day!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete