Friday, February 26, 2010

Connor's 6 month stats

We had Connor's 6-month well visit today. Here are the numbers:

Weight: 14 lbs. 13 oz. (9%)
Height: 26 inches (36%)
Head: 43 1/2cm (45%)

The doctor was pleased that he is now on the charts for weight. He's still tiny but he's no longer losing weight so that's good news. His height percentage dropped a ton (he was 89% two months ago) but she wasn't concerned about that. He pooped while we were there and it was as black as tar which is weird and unlike anything I'd ever seen. Fortunately, my doctor's office likes to test poop so I said handed the nurse the loaded diaper and they'll let us know if anything is wrong. I'm not worried because I fed him bananas yesterday for the first time so maybe his body was just reacting to new food.

The doctor asked if I had any questions and I went on and on about how easy Connor is, how he never cries, how he's just a doll, so healthy, blah, blah, blah. She then checked both ears and informed me he has a double ear infection. I asked her if she wanted me to pose for the "Mother of the Year" photo right then or wait until after the appointment.

3 shots and 1 presciption later, we were out of there. It was approaching lunch/naptime so I zoomed to CVS, got pulled over by a cop, sobbed that my baby is sick, got my 1,000th warning (I have some sort of amazing ability to get out of speeding tickets), and received a lecture from my 4-year-old on the dangers of speeding. It was a fun morning.






3 comments:

  1. Good Golly Christy! After reading about your morning it makes me want to go take a nap. You are an awesome mom and an amazing friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay--I know so many people (myself included) who didn't know their kiddo had an ear infection--so don't beat yourself up about that! Secondly, I think the height thing is so inaccurate. So, who knows how long he really is. Thirdly (is that a word?)--NO FAIR . . . I have never gotten out of a ticket (even on my birthday!)! You must be a very convincing crier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you really cry? I NEVER get out of tickets...so count that as your Olympic talent.

    ReplyDelete